Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Difficulty : Easy
Serves: 2 meal/ 6 side
B&G Vouvray 2009 The silky pair and bruised golden apple notes are perfect companion to this heart warming dish, and the racing acidity helps cut the fat.
Game of Thrones!
- Large Sauce Pan (I used at Le Cruset Cast Iron Pot)
- Cutting Board
- 4 pieces thick center cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I used the bagged coleslaw mix w/ carrot shreds from the grocery store… it is a cheap tasty time saver)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups white beans/ rinsed (Cannellini, usually in the “ethnic” isle at the store)
- Salt (I always use Maldon Sea Salt!!)
- Cook bacon over medium to high heat in a large saucepan until crisp.(Tip: You know it is cooked when it starts to foam)
- Remove bacon from pan and set on paper towel to drain.
- Add onion to drippings, and sauté till tender.
- Add half the cabbage and cover pot, cooking until cabbage is wilted.
- Add remaining cabbage and garlic, stir and cooked till endive is wilted.
- Add beans and bacon, cooking until the beans are heated through, stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.